One of the biggest concerns that all businesses face is the security of sensitive information. Traditionally, critical data was stored on floppy disks (remember those?) and filed away. These days, more businesses are turning to data centers; facilities where organizations store and manage data.
Storing data in dedicated buildings may seem like an efficient solution, but data centers are also at risk of downtime and data breaches. To get around these risks, more firms are turning to the cloud.
These days, migrating to Microsoft’s Office 365 has become more popular among both large and small businesses. Some of the benefits of moving to a cloud-based service include:
- Seamless coordination between the tools your organization already uses.
- Easier collaboration inside and outside your organization.
- Greater flexibility for your business.
In addition to these benefits, cloud technologies like Office 365 also offer advanced security of business information. The following are five ways Office 365 is more secure than the average data center:
- Offers Complete Control – With Office 365, you can control and customize security features such as email, calendars, content etc. This allows you control which information is seen and by whom.
- Enhanced Data Security – Forget the hackers; according to a study by the Aberdeen group, 47% of cloud data loss occurs because of user mistakes. By maximizing automation, Office 365 eliminates this kind of data loss by reducing the amount of human intervention.
- Built-In Disaster Management Plan – Businesses with an in-house data center rarely have a disaster recovery plan and this can have dire consequences. A 2015 report by the U.S Institute for Business and Home Safety, showed that 25% of small businesses do not reopen following a major disaster. If you use Office 365 to store and manage your business data, your business can be up and running, no matter what happens.
- Regular Data Backup – By employing multiple backups of information at the data center level, Office 365 ensures data can be restored in the event of any data corruption.
- The use of Authenticator Apps – Microsoft’s Office 365 offers multi-factor authentication which protects users from data theft and lowers the risk that user accounts will be hacked.
With possible data loss from both users and hackers, it’s no wonder many I.T. managers admit that keeping data secure can be hard. But if you are serious about keeping your communications and data safe, Microsoft has a host of security solutions to help protect your data.
Whether you manage a 5- or a 500-person team, Office 365 can be critical for better email, collaboration and communications. Microsoft also has a dedicated threat management team that proactively anticipates and prevents unauthorized access to your data.
Regardless of the industry you are in, Office 365 can be a key part of your security. Not sure how to roll out a cloud storage solution? Contact DevSoft solutions today.
Image Source: Flickr